Cameron and Kacey

Cameron and Kacey
My Beautiful Angels

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Positive News!!

So as many of you already know, it has been a tough week...not NEARLY as tough as the first round, but I have had my share of troubles this week. The chemo meds made me really tired and weak and dehydrated. I also have a sore on one side of my mouth that is really bothering me, so it has been really tough to eat and drink too much. I have had to have hydration every day so far this week, but hopefully that is coming to an end. Because of the dehydration, my blood pressure kept dropping...was a whopping 77/44 on Saturday!! I also have had a cold for the past week, so I have cough that is driving me CRAZY! But I got some codeine today, so let's hope that works!

I met with my oncologist and the surgeon today. They are EXTREMELY encouraged with the change in my neck, which has continued to shrink even more than last week. The surgeon still thinks that it is too dangerous to have any surgery because of how close the tumor is to my carotid artery. The whole team feels that because it has responded so well to chemo that it will respond just as well to radiation and chemo combined.

So, with that in mind, I go next week 6/29 for my radiation planning and then have TWO WHOLE WEEKS OFF to relax and EAT before treatments start on July 20th. I will DEFINITELY be taking advantage of these two weeks of feeling good to eat and gain some weight back...I don't think I've been this skinny since high school!! Nice to be skinny, but NOT the way I would have chosen to do it!!

So that is it from my end!!
Until my next post....
Love, Kris

7 comments:

  1. Sweet!! All very good news!
    ~adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news, Kris. I know last week
    was very difficult for you but here you are
    blogging and I can see a smile on your face.
    You have an amazing attitude and it shines
    through your writing. Keep up that attitude
    and enjoy your two weeks off. Hugs! Mrs. S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris - so happy to see that you're well enough to keep us updated. You are always in our thoughts and prayers, and it looks like you're doing all the right things! Hope you enjoy the next 2+ weeks with your family. We love you! Andy & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey...I am so very thankful that we did get positive news today! Seeing you for the past week...so sick...so discouraged, it was just heart wrenching. You've been so strong and positive, but this week got to you, I know. Hearing you sound so "down" was hard to take. I know you are scared going ahead with 6 1/2 weeks of radiation...but you've been thru hell with the chemo and it's WORKED! And so will the radiation! We will NOT let you give up! Cam and Kacey...and your whole family need you much too much!!!

    Love you so very much...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strength and courage are amazing. Carl and I are keeping you and your family in our prayers. The news this week seems so much more encouraging.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Kris. I'm so glad you have received some good news. Keep on fighting and keep your chin up. I love you and am thinking of you and praying for you every day. Love ya, Court

    ReplyDelete
  7. KIDS ARE HERE TONIGHT AND THEY TOLD US HOW MOMMY WAS DOING. THEY EACH GAVE GRANDMA A CARD, THEN A PRESENT, AND FINALLY CAKE AND A SONG. THEY ARE SO MUCH FUN TO HAVE AROUND. THEY REALLY ENJOYED MAINE WITH ALL THE FAMILY THERE. WE HOPE THEY CAN COME TO THE CAPE SOON AND YOU AS WELL. WE HAVE LOTS OF FOOD THERE THAT WILL TURN YOU INTO REAL "TUBBY." JEFF, TIM AND ERIN ARE ALL ASKING ABOUT YOU AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. JEFF IS MOVING BACK TO SF AND WE EXPECT THEY MAY BE HERE IN THE FALL OR IN FLORIDA IN NOVEMBER. WE'LL SEE. SO, JOIN US FOR A BEER OR TWO WHEN YOU CAN. IT WOULD CERTAINTLY PUT ON A POUND OR TWO LIKE IT DOES FOR ME. LOVE, PF

    ReplyDelete