Cameron and Kacey

Cameron and Kacey
My Beautiful Angels

Friday, June 25, 2010

Another bump in the road...

Kris was doing pretty good after she had a blood transfusion on Wed...hopeful that Thursday she'd be feeling much stronger with more energy. Unfortunately she spiked a temp of 102.4 and had to be admitted to the hospital immediately. Her oncologist thought her WBC was dropping...but after she and I spent 7 hrs. in the ER at Brigham and Women's, they determined her WBC was OK.

So now to determine the reason for the fever...which they are still trying to do. She still has a horrible cold and cough...which on top of all the lousy side effects of the's hit her hard. Chest X-Ray ruled out pneumonia, CT Scan to see if sinus infection (this could be the problem), many blood cultures done...waiting on those results. They were to do more blood cultures tonight, so have to wait 48 hrs. for those results, she'll be in the hospital until at least Sunday.

She's not happy to be hospitalized again, obviously, but her oncologist didn't want to chance sending her home...only to have the fever return and Kris knows it is the best place for her....once again. So tests are being done and she waits for the results.

Jen was with Kris and the kids when she developed the fever, and she took Cam and Kacey home with her for a "sleep over!" I dunno how she and Dan do it! From 3 kids to 5 without batting an eye! Jen spent several hours with Kris this morning and then Chip and I went in this afternoon to keep her company for a bit. She was so tired as maintenance was trying to fix something in the shower until 2:30am!! Hope she's able to sleep better tonight!

Once again, I ask for your positive thoughts and prayers to be sent her way. She needs to get well and have a few weeks of feeling good before the radiation begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment