Cameron and Kacey

Cameron and Kacey
My Beautiful Angels

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is It Christmas!?

Boy does it feel like Christmas morning!! Just went to the surgical oncologist who was going to check my vocal cords since I have had no improvement in my voice. And I was hoping to get the biopsy results from last week since I had yet to get a phone call.

Dr. Norris, the surgeon, walked into the room and says, "Well, I see we got some good news, huh?" I said, "What? The needle biopsy?" And he said, "Oopss....hope I was reading that right!" And he was!! Biopsy was negative!! No cancer!! YIPPEE!!!! And nothing else shows on CT scan or ultrasound. Final say will be the PET scan on November 24th, but they are not expecting to see anything and as of right now, I will NOT need surgery!! Thanks, Santa, for my early Christmas present!!

Dr. Norris did a scope of my vocal cords and said there was still some swelling and that they are a bit sluggish. They move like they should, which is good and means they were NOT paralyzed by the radiation. Wants to see me in a month to check them again and then will refer me to a voice therapist if needed.

I went down to the infusion floor where I had all of my chemotherapy and hydration to say hi to my nurse, Whitney. She gave me a big hug and said she has been thinking about me and wondering how I have been. She was such a HUGE part of my treatment and I am so thankful to have had such wonderful care at Dana Farber. I cannot tell you how amazing that place is and the people that work there, right down to the valets that park your car. I kid you not. AMAZING!!!

So for now, I will go about my AWESOME life and quietly whisper to my children that listen so attentively.....NOT!!! We are going to Vermont this weekend to visit my cousins and aunt and I am so looking forward to a weekend away without any worries!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!
I hope Santa is as good to you as he has already been to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, well-deserved, news!! I am so happy for you!! I can feel your relief coming through your words. Enjoy your weekend - you've earned it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does feel like Christmas...you're right!!! What more could we ask for?!?! We've prayed since March and finally got the wonderful news today!!! Now I just want your voice back good and strong and you can yell at me all you want, Kris!!!! ;-)

    Love you so very much, Kris....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete