Cameron and Kacey

Cameron and Kacey
My Beautiful Angels

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lucky 13!

So, I have just 13 more treatments left!! I finally have the end in sight!! Was able to enjoy some vacation time with the family in Maine for the past two weekends. They stayed all week, but I had to come home on Monday for my treatments. I had twin lobsters both times I went up!! But apparently there are not enough calories or fat in lobster, as I lost three pounds this week. So now I have to supplement my meals with high protein shakes to try to maintain my weight so they will not put a feeding tube in.

Today is Tuesday and I see my oncologist before treatments on Tuesdays. Unfortunately, my platelet count was very low, so they had to hold my chemo this week. This is common this far into treatments, as the chemo does take a toll on your body. My liver function was a little off as well, so this break was probably for the best. Radiation is the most important course of action right now, so I am not getting discouraged. They will retest on Friday to make sure I am ready to go next week. My hematocrit was low last week, so I had a blood transfusion last Thursday. Now I might need another one on Friday. Whatever they need to do to keep my treatments going and working!!

On a good note, my WBCs were low last week, but increased slightly, so that count was good this week. This is also common with the chemo and radiation. Let's hope for good counts on Friday!!

Cameron starts school in two weeks. Can't believe my baby boy is going into first grade! Where does the time go!?!? Kacey starts Sept. 15th for her second year of preschool. She goes 5 days a week this year and is more than ready! So glad that both my kids enjoy school so much! Hope that continues!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!! Could not ask for nicer weather, although I don't like the humidity so much and my lawn is now straw!! Oh well!! At least the sun is out!!

1 comment:

  1. The lobster has no calories-it's the butter that kicks it up there. You'll just have to come to the Cape and have it again along with baked potato and corn on the cob. So glad you're in the final count down with the treatments. It's a long haul but in the long run it will be worth it. I can't believe Cam's going into first grade. (Sometimes I think he should be in 6th grade and other times it seems like you guys just came home from the hospital!) It's so good that they both love school. They've had such positive experiences so far which makes school fun. Let me know what you'd like to eat so I can fill your frig and when you'd like to come to the Cape. Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete