Cameron and Kacey

Cameron and Kacey
My Beautiful Angels

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gonna Keep On, Keep On, Keep On Movin....

So the whole voice thing has not gone exactly according to plan. My voice is "some" better, but not nearly where it needs to be. And now I am having more trouble swallowing. We have scheduled a special swallow video test to see what's going on in my esophagus and we'll go from there.

I have also been going to PT for about 8 weeks now to try to loosen the muscles in the side of my neck and shoulder and strengthen the ones in my back and back of my neck. Things had been going well and the PT was helping. Then my right shoulder froze this week and now I cannot lift my arm. My PT suggested a cortisone shot. I went to Dana Farber on Wednesday for a check up and my oncologist said she thought it was a good idea as well. So I have an appointment with an orthopedic on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed it works!! It is HORRIBLE being right-handed and not being able to move your arm!!

Last night was the Relay For Life Fashion Show. They asked me a few months ago to be in it and I said yes. I have done it in the past and it was a lot of fun. Little did I know how much pain I'd be in this week! Or that Cameron and I would get the stomach bug again on Wednesday and really not eat until Friday!

I went for my fitting on Tuesday for the show. We used this adorable boutique in Wellesley. Was not sure how the clothes would be as I did not really care for my outfits in the last show I was in. But this time, they were SUPER!! I really liked them all...especially the first top I wore. Really was a glorified t-shirt, but so cute! So I thought I might get it after the show until I looked at the price tag....$150!!! That's a whole week of groceries at least!! It was cute, but not that cute!!

The picture at the top of the blog is another outfit I wore. The kids came to see me in the show and were SO excited and proud of their Momma. They were so cute and everyone there fell in love with them. They made me smile and get through the show when I was feeling like crap. And I also want to thank my Mom and Dad for staying with the kids while I got ready for the show and bringing them to the show, my sister, my cousin Meredith, and my two best teaching buds Kathy and Maryellen for attending the festivities last night. I hope fun was had by all!!

So that's it for the update at the moment!! Cam started baseball last week, so that has us running two nights a week!! Gonna be a crazy month and half until school gets out, but then I hope things slow down, and we can enjoy our summer. We didn't have much of one last year.

Until next time.....Oh, one more thing!!
I want to wish my Mom and my sister a Happy Mother's Day!!! Love you both so much!! And to all my other Mom friends out there!! Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment